Welcome to the Agilia FAQ page, click a question to see the answer.
- Why can’t I connect to my target in Agilia?
- What is an Agilia target?
- Why are some blocks in Agilia greyed out?
Why can’t I connect to my target in Agilia?
There could be several reasons for this:
- Using Aim-Link/ST-Link communication:
- The system on the target is different to the system expected by Agilia – If you get an error message saying this, click on the button « Modify the project target » this changes the Agilia project target to match the system on your hardware. This only works if Agilia knows the target otherwise you will have the next case.
- The destination target is unknown – When this happens you have to go to µOne, right click on an existing project select µOne commands and « Upload to target » or create a brand new project and uploaded it to your card. When you do either of these actions µOne will automatically generate an Agilia target. Once the project is loaded to your card, stop the debug session in µOne and open Agilia. In the list of Agilia targets select the target you just created in µOne. You can now upload your Agilia application to your target.
- « This controller is not compatible with Agilia V4« . If you get this message there could be several reasons. First of all verify your card is well connected. Disconnect your target completely, turn it off, then reconnect and restart it. If this does not help see below.
- The ST-Link is not in communication mode. This is indicated by the LED on the ST link, if it is solid red the link is busy, disconnect the STLink completely, reset your target and reconnect it.
- You are trying to communicate via AIM-Link but the target is configured for Ethernet communication. Either, click « Change connection parameters » in the error message displayed after clicking on the Remote monitoring mode icon and select the right connection type. Or return to µOne, right click the project you are using, click µOne commands and click change « Agilia communication link ». Change the communication link from Ethernet to AIM/ST Link communication. Return to Agilia and, when prompted to choose the connection type, select the one you just configured in µOne i.e. AIM-Link.
- You did not stop the debug session in µOne before opening Agilia – Return to µOne, go to the debug perspective and see if the debug session is running. If it is, click on the red square to stop it then return to Agilia.
- Using Ethernet communication:
- The Ethernet cable was connected after the target was started – For Ethernet communication to work the target has to be booted up with the Ethernet cable connected, if the cable was connected while the target was running, verify the cable is well connected and reset the target.
- You are trying to use Ethernet communication but the target is configured for AIM/ST-Link communication. Either, click « Change connection parameters » in the error message displayed after clicking on the Remote monitoring mode icon and select the right connection type. Or return to µOne, right click the project you are using, click µOne commands and click change « Agilia communication link ». Change the communication link from AIM/ST-Link communication to Ethernet. Return to Agilia and when prompted to choose the connection type, select the one you just configured in µOne i.e. Ethernet.
What is an « Agilia target »?
An Agilia target is an XML file created by µOne when you create and upload an AgCore system to your hardware. This XML file gives a description of the system uploaded: the pins configured, memory and resources availiable etc. This file is used by Agilia to recognise the system on your hardware. When uploading an application, if the system on your hardware does not match the Agilia target, Agilia cannot upload your application to your hardware.
Why are some blocks in Agila greyed out?
Sometimes you will notice that Agila function blocks are greyed out and you can’t use them. This is because the Agilia service for these blocks has not been activated in µOne. For example to use the PWM blocks the « PWM service » has to be activated. To activate a service all you have to do is right click on the project in µOne and select « µOne commands », then select the command « Update Agilia services » here you can tick boxes to activate the services you require, then rebuild and upload your updated system. Once a service is activated you will see the blocks in Agilia are no longer greyed out and are available for use.
Note that for some services such as the UART you have to configure pins for the UART in µOne, to do this you need to select the µOne command, « Micro-controller Pin Configuration » and configure the pins you require e.g. UART pins, you can then activate the appropriate Agilia service.
Widgets for the GUI are greyed out until they are placed on the GUI Editor screen.
If function blocks are in red it is because you have the DevTools trial version with limited functions. Buy the complete version or AIM-kit from our Online Store for full functionality!